Friday, September 5, 2008

My Brudders

I'm proud to have 3 brothers. Two of them are special today. One is just, well, special. ;-)

JOSH

Today, my brother becomes a licensed minister. He's been a youth pastor for about 5 or 8 years (I think), and is currently the youth pastor for the Church of God in Greenville, TN. He's worked long and hard on the process of ordination, and becoming licensed is one of the steps along the way. He's written many papers, done much research and soul searching, and gone through "a lot" to get here.

I'm really proud of my "little" brother. He's in Chattanooga today (where we were born) at the State Minister's Meeting, and that's where they'll do the honors.

Congradulations, Josh!

[Note: Sorry, I don't have pictures handy for the other two....]

GREG

Greg turns 28 today! When I first met Greg, he was a slightly akward 13-year-old. Greg is the exception to the rule. He never learned to read music (not even in band with the French Horn) -- but he's one of the best guitar players I know. When we all said he was making a mistake by going to trade school, he proved that it wasn't a mistake. He's been slowly working his way up at Schneider Electric (Square D), going from the shop floor to a cushy desk job. *snicker* He and Amy recently moved to Nashville, so Wendie and I are excited about getting to see them more. (Columbia SC is a little "farther out.")

Happy Birthday, Greg!

ERIC

Eric is not special today, but he's always special. :-) Eric was imported into our family about 5 years ago through Wendie's sister, Kristina. Eric has a PhD in early christian studies (I think), loves to play and create games, and loves Kristina. Eric is an active lay-minister in the Lutheran Church (Missouri Synod), and currently is head of education for the school of their Church. Kristina made a good choice. :-)

But most importantly, Eric introduced me to Strong Bad.

I Wubb Uu, Eric!

2 comments:

Valarie Lea said...

Does this mean I have two more nephews???

Eric Phillips said...

Woohoo! I'm special! And thanks to this blog post, I'm famous too.

Also, unlike Greg, I was never "slightly awkward."

Thanks, Gabe. I love you too. Or at least, I like you a lot. ;)

Eric